Saturday, April 25, 2015

Blue, Angry, and Scottish?

Wow it's been over two weeks since I last posted anything... As you may be able to guess, I've had a busy go of it! I've been painting, just not photographing and cleaning.

That said, there was a dangerous sale at a local gaming store recently, and I am now the guilty owner of an entire force of Trollbloods. I've had a Skorne force for some time, but never quite landed on a paintscheme I liked, and the more I looked at the faction in general, the less I wanted to play them as a default faction.

That said, by contrast, the Trollbloods have always been there in the back of my mind. Initially rejected for being too goofy, they gradually became the force I found the most interesting, the funniest, or at least the most desirable to paint... (Yep, I want to punish myself by painting tons of tartans. What's wrong with me?)

So, I broke them out, cleaned up every bloody mould line I could find, (missed a few because damn...) and decided to experiment with painting:

That's a warder, axer, and two impalers, skin mostly painted and on to the clothing.

Since I'm in no rush to get the force finished, I've been using it as a chance to experiment with painting methods I don't typically use. I'm trying out different methods of painting leather, an entirely new metal process, and of course, the skin. Ohh the skin. In the store there was no trollbloods skintone left, so I had to kind of fudge it from what I had around me. Interestingly, a colour I was making to play with my Morats wound up being what I wanted to try. It's a mix of 6 parts Light Turquoise to 1 part Yellow-Green (Vallejo) and then highlighted with straight white.

It looks like I've done a bit more vibrant a blue-green than the official Trollbloods colour, but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment